oh god it n3ta

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 

As I stare at the picture of Lewy Body Disease, a different image of the present emerges from me, but unlike a sieve I cannot draw it for you.

35 Pages V  « < 33 34 35  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> drums, I hear the secrets that you keep when you're talking in your sleep
An Unicorn
post Jan 2 2018, 04:49 AM
Post #1021

and then I go and spoil it all by saying something evil like "I bum crow"
Group Icon

Member No.: 178

After talking with my dad I'm no longer having anxiety-inducing dreams involving dodging him.

Now I keep having dreams that I'm still (or possibly back) at university, except the university is an hour drive away, and I'm always late to class and I'm failing all these classes and yet it never occurs to me to either fix my habits or properly drop out.

These appear to be convincing enough that I wake up thinking "oh god I'm late for class" despite having graduated over a year ago.

--------------------
However, it is not a commonly-held view that death is a negative interaction.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrak
post Jan 11 2018, 07:39 AM
Post #1022

milm-cowl
Group Icon

Member No.: 51,292

Really vivid dream where I was working in some capacity on a space capsule disaster movie directed by Lyn Ramsey.

We had an actual space capsule at a laboratory facility which was the set, with the capsule suspended mid-air in a large glass tube. Because of the fragility of the tube and the rarity of the capsule itself we had 24 hour security patrols at this point led by a stocky Zimbabwean man, looking like a young Robert Mugabe sans moustache in a navy blue rollneck.

The guard had a little area of his own on set where he kept all his stuff and had put up several posters, Playboy spreads and weirdly a bunch of Confederate flags and pictures of the car from the Dukes of Hazzard. I asked him about these and he said he just liked the Dukes of Hazzard so, patronisingly, I went on to explain at length about the connotations of this imagery and how it was offensive and racist etc. but the guard just kept saying, "I like the TV show", in a thick Zimbabwean accent so I kept on and on about the racism before he broke character and explained in his normal voice, that of Jeffrey from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air that he knew all that and that the crew were pranking me whereupon I got really embarrassed. Some of the embarrassment was down to me realising this was a dream and that the go-to voice for an educated black man in my brain was Will Smith's comedy English butler.

Then we all sat round a portable TV somewhere else on set to watch an episode of Star Trek where a character played by Benicio Del Toro was dying because he had a really big cable tie lodged through his brain.

--------------------
C'est un anuse bouche

+Quote Post
dng
post Jan 11 2018, 10:08 AM
Post #1023

ascending
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

excellent.gif

+Quote Post
dng
post Jan 11 2018, 10:18 AM
Post #1024

ascending
Group Icon

i had a dream where i was reading a book in the passenger seat of a car written by miles whateverhisnamewas from the wonder stuff, and whoever was driving the car asked me what the book was about, and suddenly i couldn't remember the wonder stuff's name, so kept trying to describe them by listing all their songs. this was my list of their songs

the size of a cow
that one they did with vic reeves

but they had no idea who i meant and i still couldn't remember their name, so i crawled back between the seats and other several other rows of seats until i got to the back of the car, where vom was, and i said to vom "you'll know who i'm talking about" and i started listing lemonheads songs to vom, and he kept saying "the lemonheads" and i would say no not them i mean someone else, but would then say another lemonheads song

lemonheads songs listed

its a shame about ray
mrs robinson
rudderless

then i crawled back through this massively elongated car that was basically my dad's peugeot 505 that he used to have but with like five rows of seats instead of three rows of seats, and i got back in my seat at the front, and shouted THE WONDER STUFF at whoever was driving the car (not my dad), and then i put my book in the glove compartment and then got out of the car because we were parked outside our house

+Quote Post
dng
post Jan 11 2018, 10:18 AM
Post #1025

ascending
Group Icon

i'm not sure why iw as trapped in 1992 but i was

+Quote Post
dng
post Jan 11 2018, 10:26 AM
Post #1026

ascending
Group Icon

i just listened to some wonder stuff songs on youtube. god they're terrible

+Quote Post
vom
post Jan 11 2018, 10:28 AM
Post #1027

hrrrrsk
Group Icon

Member No.: 115

I'm just happy that my skills at recognising lemonheads songs have finally been immortalised in dream

--------------------

+Quote Post
dng
post Jan 11 2018, 10:32 AM
Post #1028

ascending
Group Icon

its a good skill

+Quote Post
Rodney Bewes
post Jan 11 2018, 12:03 PM
Post #1029

bckbckbck
Group Icon

Member No.: 381

The one Wonder Stuff song I still like is the second thing they ever released, a single from 1987 called "Unbearable", which is a bit of an ironically apt name given it's the Wonder Stuff. I first heard it on their post-split best of which was called "If The Beatles Had Read Hunter...", a title that has always annoyed me because if it's referring to Hunter S. Thompson then most of the Beatles almost certainly read some of his writing at some point, and if it's referring to Hunter Davies who wrote the first biography of The Beatles during the late 60s then that's just stupid

+Quote Post
Bruce Sato
post Jan 19 2018, 10:57 AM
Post #1030

Doesn't Have a Smartphone
Group Icon

Member No.: 176

My head was full of dreams last night, but the best one was that I was back home and there were six big fluffy cats playing in the garden.

--------------------

Anybody who comes into the n3ta forest will be lost.
Everybody will become a Homfrus.
Everybody, Homfrus.
So, he's not here anymore.

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 33 34 35
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st January 2018 - 08:58 AM