oh god it n3ta

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oi!

You should think of a myspace account as a funny tshirt slogan, and myspace as a pub, and the other people on it as coils of wire, pulsing slightly as they whisper the names of the dead.

You should think of a facebook account as your face, and facebook as a huge mincing machine, and the other people on it as a huge dead mass exerting their gravitional pull on you from just behind the mincing blades.

You should think of a twitter as a little plate with some kitchen roll spread out on it and dampened and each twitter account as a single spire of cress slowly rising out of it and each comment on it as some kind of cancerous growth on your stalk and your twitter feed is where your growths and some of your neighbours growths intertwine and draw you nearer even though the last thing you ever wanted to do was be near them or anyone else anywhere in the world, and especially not on this plate, on this window ledge by the back door.

813 Pages V  « < 811 812 813  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> i saw a film once, it formed on my soup while i waited for it to cool
The Robotic Anom...
post Aug 15 2017, 10:16 PM
Post #24361

Eggmouth Patterson
Group Icon

Member No.: 189

I hated that film, it was trash

As was Suicide Squad

You watch your back

--------------------
I LIKE IT WHEN YOU OIL ME, LOLA
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bruce Sato
post Aug 15 2017, 10:39 PM
Post #24362

Doesn't Have a Smartphone
Group Icon

Member No.: 176

KRAAAAANG

--------------------

Anybody who comes into the n3ta forest will be lost.
Everybody will become a Homfrus.
Everybody, Homfrus.
So, he's not here anymore.

+Quote Post
swizpig
post Aug 16 2017, 03:18 PM
Post #24363

'Mild Hull'
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

For some reason, Netflix has a new version of The Saint. I managed about 20 minutes of it before giving up as it was ludicrously cheap and nasty looking (apparently it's some rejigged failed pilot from a few years ago). I mean, I know loads of fiction ignores that gold bars are real heavy lads, but you're chucking them around like they're, for instance, painted blocks of balsa wood. With sounds to match.

Also features Her From Buffy

--------------------
Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Oddball's hair style and beard are non-regulation for the era. But he's not real big on following regulations, and those are the least of his infractions.

+Quote Post
John D
post Aug 16 2017, 11:07 PM
Post #24364

bel-m
Group Icon

Member No.: 71

Ghostbusters

i took the plunge and really enjoyed it. very funny, bit vulgar, just the way i like it.

+Quote Post
John D
post Aug 16 2017, 11:09 PM
Post #24365

bel-m
Group Icon

Member No.: 71

QUOTE (dng @ Mar 10 2015, 11:47 PM) *
also i read today that they're rebooting that new ghostbusters film before its even out by announcing a NO WOMAN version to come immediately after the WOMAN version

that sounds really depressing

+Quote Post
dng
post Aug 17 2017, 06:03 PM
Post #24366

ascending
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (vom @ Aug 15 2017, 02:18 PM) *
QUOTE (vom @ Mar 23 2014, 10:25 PM) *
QUOTE (vom @ Mar 19 2014, 10:34 PM) *
I received two more noir-ish films from lovefilm today but instead I watched SUMMER RENTAL which is a really mediocre John Candy film in which he becomes a sailor for some reason (he gets drunk and just decides, and then Rip Torn encourages him a bit) and then has to do a race, or disappoint his children

there's one scene when they're out on the beach where his youngest daughter says something but it's so obviously been dubbed over by a grown-up, it made me laugh for ages, and then I rewound it and watched it again and laughed again

also there's a really broadly scottish stereotype man in it called Angus and Rip Torn keeps calling him a "dumb swede", and that made me laugh too

hooray for terrible yet amazing films of the 1980s

I just watched this again

I watched this for a fourth time on Sunday and then wrote a surprising amount of stuff about my near-inexplicable love for it

it is here: http://www.the-solute.com/year-of-the-mont...m-vomas-morton/

excellent.gif. What a wonderful thing

+Quote Post
dng
post Aug 17 2017, 06:04 PM
Post #24367

ascending
Group Icon

The article rather than the film, which I've never seen nor even somehow heard of despite all the times you've listed about it (three times)

+Quote Post
dng
post Aug 17 2017, 06:05 PM
Post #24368

ascending
Group Icon

I watched moana yesterday with my niece who absolutely loves it and watches it very day for some reason

+Quote Post
dng
post Aug 17 2017, 06:06 PM
Post #24369

ascending
Group Icon

I hope the reason is because jemaine from flight of the conchords is a giant crab covered in gold

+Quote Post
dng
post Aug 17 2017, 06:07 PM
Post #24370

ascending
Group Icon

I quite it enjoyed it. It's utterly formulaic though, which is a shame, because it could probably have been less so somehow

+Quote Post
dng
post Aug 17 2017, 06:09 PM
Post #24371

ascending
Group Icon

The bonus short cartoon on the dvd is some utterly depressing ultra misery about a boring man being forced to go to boring work, every day, forever, until he is dead. It's terrible, and also astonishingly out of place really on a children's DVD.

Poor utterly broken disney animators

+Quote Post
vom
post Aug 17 2017, 09:20 PM
Post #24372

hrrrrsk
Group Icon

Member No.: 115

I really liked the music on that short film, but I really don't understand why it was made. Well, I get that a bunch of animators who spend all day doing repetitive thankless tasks on computers would want a film about themselves, but not why anyone else would be interested in it

--------------------

+Quote Post
vom
post Aug 17 2017, 09:21 PM
Post #24373

hrrrrsk
Group Icon

Also I really liked Moana but yes, it did feel like it could have been better with a little bit more creativity and thought

--------------------

+Quote Post
vom
post Aug 17 2017, 09:22 PM
Post #24374

hrrrrsk
Group Icon

ALSO I coincidentally just watched Treasure Planet, the latest in an occasional series of catching up on Disney films that I haven't seen, which was inspired my Moana

It looks absolutely fucking amazing but the story is a right mess

--------------------

+Quote Post
vom
post Aug 17 2017, 09:23 PM
Post #24375

hrrrrsk
Group Icon

Also, terrible grunge-pop songs written by the man from The Goo Goo Dolls, for some reason

--------------------

+Quote Post

813 Pages V  « < 811 812 813
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th August 2017 - 11:20 PM