oh god it n3ta

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oi!

You should think of a myspace account as a funny tshirt slogan, and myspace as a pub, and the other people on it as coils of wire, pulsing slightly as they whisper the names of the dead.

You should think of a facebook account as your face, and facebook as a huge mincing machine, and the other people on it as a huge dead mass exerting their gravitional pull on you from just behind the mincing blades.

You should think of a twitter as a little plate with some kitchen roll spread out on it and dampened and each twitter account as a single spire of cress slowly rising out of it and each comment on it as some kind of cancerous growth on your stalk and your twitter feed is where your growths and some of your neighbours growths intertwine and draw you nearer even though the last thing you ever wanted to do was be near them or anyone else anywhere in the world, and especially not on this plate, on this window ledge by the back door.

824 Pages V  « < 822 823 824  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> i saw a film once, it formed on my soup while i waited for it to cool
vom
post Oct 19 2017, 10:01 PM
Post #24691

hrrrrsk
Group Icon

Member No.: 115

I watched a short documentary about Jim Carrey getting into painting a while ago though and he was basically unbearable

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vom
post Oct 19 2017, 10:10 PM
Post #24692

hrrrrsk
Group Icon

Tonight's film was Pumpkinhead, 80s horror with Lance Henriksen recruiting help from a swamp witch after his son gets killed by infuriating city dwellers

It was good, I liked that absolutely every scene was full of shafts of light through endless mist

--------------------

+Quote Post
vom
post Oct 20 2017, 10:10 PM
Post #24693

hrrrrsk
Group Icon

Onibaba - Japanese 60s samurai horror, utterly beautiful but seemingly based around the premise "murder is fine, but extra-marital sex will send you straight to hell" which is a somewhat odd philosophy. It looks amaaaazing though

The Church - utterly insane Italian nonsense, with Indiana Jones references and teenage Asia Argento and amazing gore. Makes no sense but it doesn't matter

--------------------

+Quote Post
vom
post Oct 21 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #24694

hrrrrsk
Group Icon

Shocker - Wes Craven attempts to improve on Nightmare on Elm Street by creating a new villain that travels through television because he used to be a TV repair man 0jesus.jpg Christ I don't know, this is possibly the most far-fetched horror premise I've ever encountered

It was good

--------------------

+Quote Post
vom
post Oct 22 2017, 09:47 PM
Post #24695

hrrrrsk
Group Icon

Salem's Lot

Pretty good. Obvious 70s TV clunkiness, but effectively creepy. I liked the half-arsed, out-of-his-depth policeman

Twilight Zone: The Movie

The Joe Dante and George Miller segments are absolutely brilliant, the Steven Spielberg one is absolutely fucking awful, the John Landis one is alright but totally in a different universe to the other three, as if he missed the meeting when they were discussing what tone they were aiming for (also people actually died making it, which is hard to see past)

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Robotic Anom...
post Oct 22 2017, 10:11 PM
Post #24696

Eggmouth Patterson
Group Icon

Member No.: 189

Otherlife

On Netflix - about a thing you drop in your eye, that gives you a 24 hour experience in seconds. Predictably this is misused, with a lot of "which reality are they in" stuff. Like an episode of Black Mirror - a good one!

--------------------
I LIKE IT WHEN YOU OIL ME, LOLA

+Quote Post
John D
post Oct 22 2017, 11:57 PM
Post #24697

bel-m
Group Icon

Member No.: 71

QUOTE (vom @ Oct 22 2017, 10:47 PM) *
Salem's Lot

Pretty good. Obvious 70s TV clunkiness, but effectively creepy. I liked the half-arsed, out-of-his-depth policeman

baron harkonnen

+Quote Post

824 Pages V  « < 822 823 824
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 07:47 AM