"Content Creation" In The New Twenties

organic and free range
CandyDarling

"Content Creation" In The New Twenties

Post by CandyDarling »

Cutting 100 things with a pizza cutter, or: Boring Insanity

This gets increasingly Brian Butterfield-esque as it goes on. It reaches a peak with the inexplicable name he gives a bar of Aero. There is also a moment of censorship involving a fish that probably had to happen due to Youtube's weird rules. I'm both laughing and feeling absolute despair at the crapness of it all.

I do feel bad for having a go at this person, and I don't mean it on a personal level... but it says something about culture in 2021 when things as surreally basic as this can be popular. Here is a comment from under the video:

davehax pizzacutter comment.png
davehax pizzacutter comment.png (5.81 KiB) Viewed 1114 times
dng
Site Admin

Re: "Content Creation" In The New Twenties

Post by dng »

is this robot narrated or just made to sound like its robot narrated
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

meanwhile the most watched ever episode of violent penguin was seen by -6 people
CandyDarling

Post by CandyDarling »

Sometimes some people who do these weird ephemeral videos narrate them themselves, but they adopt all these bizarre vocal cadences and android-like tics deliberately for... reasons? There's another infamous bloke online called Chills who sounds all robot like as well, but is apparently an actual human being. He's been endlessly parodied for it, and for his exasperating "spooky thing happened" and "horrible thing happened" videos.

A typical example
blombluss
Site Admin

Post by blombluss »

CandyDarling wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:11 pm I'm both laughing and feeling absolute despair at the crapness of it all.
Oh thank God, it's not just me, then!
blombluss
Site Admin

Post by blombluss »

CandyDarling wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:11 pm I do feel bad for having a go at this person,
With those kind of viewing numbers, I'm sure they can take the heat - I know I'd be able to! :D
blombluss
Site Admin

Post by blombluss »

dng wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:37 pm is this robot narrated or just made to sound like its robot narrated
I'm sure there's a 'Just Eat' advert, in which the voiceover chap delivers his lines in a slightly jarring robot-voice-stylee. Or maybe its edited to sound like that.
blombluss
Site Admin

Post by blombluss »

dng wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:39 pm meanwhile the most watched ever episode of violent penguin was seen by -6 people
It's all about viewership quality rather than quantity, Davuss.

That's what I tearfully tell myself! :)
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

Maybe I should do a violent penguin pizza cutter special
blombluss
Site Admin

Post by blombluss »

Hey, yeah! And you could use NoteVibes for the robohuman voiceover! :)
An Unicorn
Site Admin

Post by An Unicorn »

I thought I remembered an article discussing how automated content creation (generation?) had become to the point that there didn't have to be any human creativity or.involvement whatsoever, just pick a couple assets and the videos would make and propagate themselves, automatically creating accounts and uploading content across them all and just somehow making money by having an infinite amount of digital monkeys banging away at an infinite amount of digital typewriters and flooding publishing platforms with sheer volume to scrape up whatever ad revenue it could get.
NOW, LET US LICK THE EGG
An Unicorn
Site Admin

Post by An Unicorn »

This is definity the best future.
NOW, LET US LICK THE EGG
blombluss
Site Admin

Post by blombluss »

An Unicorn wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:20 pm I thought I remembered an article discussing how automated content creation (generation?) had become to the point that there didn't have to be any human creativity or.involvement whatsoever, just pick a couple assets and the videos would make and propagate themselves, automatically creating accounts and uploading content across them all and just somehow making money by having an infinite amount of digital monkeys banging away at an infinite amount of digital typewriters and flooding publishing platforms with sheer volume to scrape up whatever ad revenue it could get.
It wasn't this article, was it?

https://www.avclub.com/take-a-trip-to-t ... 1820196139

Which is rather hamstrung by the now unavailable/deleted YouTube clips used as examples.
An Unicorn
Site Admin

Post by An Unicorn »

Probably! I remember reading the linked Medium article, and I did used to be an avid AV Club reader.
NOW, LET US LICK THE EGG
blombluss
Site Admin

Post by blombluss »

I'd like to see Violent Penguin written by a bot, and accruing millions of views. I bet dngs beard would float away in amazement.
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

There is that genre of things where something clearly not actually written by a bot is presented as if written by a bot and everyone loves it for some reason
CandyDarling

Post by CandyDarling »

Youtube just put a self-advertisement on my account's version of the main page, which was about a new and exciting playlist (yes) featuring NEW CONTENT CREATORS. The playlist is called "Creators On The Rise", except the bottom half of the ad was cut off by my browser window and I genuinely thought for a bit that it said "Creators On The Piss".
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

excellent
blombluss
Site Admin

Post by blombluss »

"Creators On The Piss"?!?

Guilty as charged. :)
richschnauzer