Wee Barry

organic and free range
dng
Site Admin

Re: Wee Barry

Post by dng »

I almost bought Rez again recently so am glad I didn't. Lovely Rez. Also I just started playing the witness and it reminded me of the talos principle (nice puzzles in an atmospherically abandoned environment). Then suddenly doing one puzzle, or maybe just an accumulation of play time I don't know, it induced massive motion sickness nausea in me, and I thought I was going to vomit everywhere

So I turned it off
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

I think the last game that made me feel like that was half life on the ps2
endar
Site Admin

Post by endar »

old fps games do that to me, due to being far too fast, and having a weird, maybe overly large, field of view
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

if the witness made me feel like this i dread to think what playing all these free VR games would do
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

also i played some of abzu and it was quite nice and pleasantly serene (you're a scuba diver following fish around in a sort of journey/flower type way) but then also like almost all "swimming freely around in the water" games, there were bits where the camera and the controls resolutely refused to ever let you go where you wanted for no apparent reason at all, and instead of feeling pleasingly free it felt irritatingly frustrating in a needless way
vom
Site Admin

Post by vom »

I had the same experience with abzu and I haven't been back to it yet
vom
Site Admin

Post by vom »

maybe I'll give it another go now that I've finished Valley

(I won't I'll just start playing Dead Cells again)
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

Even though i've got all these gfree games, and also bought planescape torment in a moment of madness, all I really want to do is buy a switch and play that new monster hunter forever
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

but i won't
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

unless switches and switch games mysterious become suddenly inexplicably cheap in the next few days
vom
Site Admin

Post by vom »

I have never monster hunted but that new one does sound very good

but I'm not letting myself buy anything new, I still have quite a few unplayed switch games
endar
Site Admin

Post by endar »

Oh wow that's literally just come out today

I don't have a switch though, and i'm not getting one. Nope. You can't make me. La la la not listening not listenign
Bruce Sato
Site Admin

Post by Bruce Sato »

All but one of my Switch games are unplayed. I am hoping to fix this over Eggster.
Anybody who comes into the n3ta forest will be lost.
Everybody will become a Homfrus.
Everybody, Homfrus.
So, he's not here any more.
endar
Site Admin

Post by endar »

Enter the Gungeon

Nah.

It might have worked as a twin stick shooter, but it isn't, for some reason. Therefore it is a solid meh. Glad i didn't pay for it
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

Yeah I thought it felt wrong somehow too. being almost a twin stick shooter but not doesn't make much sense
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

I played the nex extra level of Rez. It was nice enough, and looked beautiful, but like child of Eden on the Xbox 360, there's something lacking compared to actual Rez.
, though I couldn't exactly say why. It just feels less engaging somehow
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

Also Rez isn't a sega game any more, eveidently. The only place they even get mentioned is in tiny letters in the thanks section in the credits
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

Also I always used to find that running man boss irritating and I still do. Which is annoying because I just want to play area 5 (aka the best area) but I keep dying
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

Killed repeatedly by the stupid thing belly flopping on my head over and over again
blombluss
Site Admin

Post by blombluss »

dng wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:04 pm I would like to play that octopath game, even though or maybe because is the stupidest word ever made
Octopath just reminds me of Octopush (Underwater Hockey), which I once saw being promoted on an episode of Blue Peter, and I just thought: "Oh fuck off!", whilst I was eating my post-school tea. :)
vom
Site Admin

Post by vom »

Inside

The other game from the people who made Limbo. Similar gameplay but in a "creepy science" environment rather than fantasy / afterlife stuff. I liked how gratuitously disgusting it got towards the end! Also the puzzles were just right, i.e. quite easy but very satisfying. Apparently there's an extra ending if you do specific things along the way, I can't be bothered with that but I had a good time
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

Yes. I think I only ever found one of the ten or whatever secret things you need to find, and had no real inclination to find any more. But I liked the game a lot (while preferring limbo really due to black and white graphics, spiders, etc)
vom
Site Admin

Post by vom »

I think I found two. But it's not the kind of game I want to jump back to earlier levels and hunt around in, I liked that it was quite linear and guided me on my way to becoming fleshblob
An Unicorn
Site Admin

Post by An Unicorn »

blombluss wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:17 am
dng wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:04 pm I would like to play that octopath game, even though or maybe because is the stupidest word ever made
Octopath just reminds me of Octopush (Underwater Hockey), which I once saw being promoted on an episode of Blue Peter, and I just thought: "Oh fuck off!", whilst I was eating my post-school tea. :)
Such language!!!

I hope Mother washed your brAin out with soap for your crudity.
NOW, LET US LICK THE EGG
Gravid
Site Admin

Post by Gravid »

Actually I enjoyed Red Dead Redemption 2 quite a lot in the end. Once I got used to the controls, riding around on my horse and shooting ruffians was good fun. The story was pretty rubbish, but maybe I would have got more out of it if I'd played the first one (I didn't realise until I looked it up at the end that it was a prequel, so presumably you're meant to care about some of the characters from the start rather than spending half the game not having any idea who's who).
richschnauzer

Post by richschnauzer »

Gravid wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:41 pm Actually I enjoyed Red Dead Redemption 2 quite a lot in the end. Once I got used to the controls, riding around on my horse and shooting ruffians was good fun. The story was pretty rubbish, but maybe I would have got more out of it if I'd played the first one (I didn't realise until I looked it up at the end that it was a prequel, so presumably you're meant to care about some of the characters from the start rather than spending half the game not having any idea who's who).
yes, I couldn't have cared less about the Marston's family at the beginning, whiny little brat. Oops.
Cthulu bum you!
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

dng wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:05 pm Also today, 16 years after raz started the n3ta games thread with a post about planescape torment, I have bought planescape torment
i don't know if it smy old tv or what, but this brilliantly decides to put loads of the text right at the edges of the screen, and also the image is bigger than the screen, so you can't read any of it because it is off the screen.

hooray
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

dng wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:04 pm
dng wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:05 pm Also today, 16 years after raz started the n3ta games thread with a post about planescape torment, I have bought planescape torment
i don't know if it smy old tv or what, but this brilliantly decides to put loads of the text right at the edges of the screen, and also the image is bigger than the screen, so you can't read half of it because it is off the screen.

hooray
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

playing around with the screen output size in the ps4 system settings has no effect for some reason
endar
Site Admin

Post by endar »

tv settings? usually has normal or zoom and shit
endar
Site Admin

Post by endar »

i got baldy 1 and 2 on ps4 and they look ok. I think there are in game settings as well i don't remember i'd rather play them on pc
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

it doesn't seem to make any difference. it might be because I enlargened the tiny text in the game (which i thought was a nice option, but maybe it is cursed)
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

Today planescape torment crashed and I hadn't saved it for ages and the last auto save was hours ago. Hooray for pc games (on the PS4)
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

Also planescape torment is really boring
The Robotic Anomaly

Post by The Robotic Anomaly »

I only remember the bit where I broke a man's arm, and even that was done in text form
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

Looking at the achievements list, only 50% of people ever got out of the tomb at the start, and less than 5% of people ever got any of the other achievements at all
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

Maybe they all just played icewind dale instead, whatever the hell icewind dale is
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

Dick Dales Alaskan cousin
endar
Site Admin

Post by endar »

I like Icewind Dale. It's pretty much the opposite of Planescape Boredom, in that it's pretty much the most action-based of those games
endar
Site Admin

Post by endar »

pretty much
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

Hooray. Maybe I'll try that instead
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

I'm still playing planescape torment. Turns out the reason it's so hard is because I've somehow activated a bug that meant I never learnt the resurrection spell, so now all my teammates seem to be permanently dead. Hooray
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

Now I am trapped in a tomb, being electrocuted by rats
dng
Site Admin

Post by dng »

Endlessly
dng
Site Admin